Monday, February 6, 2012

Review: The Bungalow

The Bungalow: A NovelThe Bungalow: A Novel by Sarah Jio
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I just adore books in this time period. I love the writing style of going back, to reveal the mystery. I loved the "what if's" in the book. Anne is such a down to earth remarkable character. Easy going, fun loving. When Anne's best childhood friend thinks Anne might be making a mistake and taking the easy way out by just marrying Gerard. Dependable, ordinary Gerard. Or so Kitty would like Anne to think. When Kitty talks Anne into using their knowledge from nursing school to go help the servicemen when they are wounded, she will learn a whole lot about herself, and others as well.

Same old lessons, people aren't who they really seem sometimes and sometimes when there are injustices, there isn't one thing we can do about them. Jio has it all in this book. All of my favorites, a love triangle, a mystery, family and friendships. She paints a vivid scene for us in Bora-Bora. Who can't imagine themselves in that little hut, making it their own special place.

Read this book, you will read it in 4 hours like myself! It is stuck in your hands until you find out who Anne ends up with, and what the mystery is all about. Jio is a talented writer, another book, Blackberry Winter scheduled to come out on 9/27. I don't think you will want to miss it!!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!