Monday, February 6, 2012

Review: Lots of Candles, Plenty of Cake

Lots of Candles, Plenty of CakeLots of Candles, Plenty of Cake by Anna Quindlen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Hmmm where to start? At times I thought this memoir was brilliant. Other times it had me shaking my head. I am in the middle of the story. Not Anna's age but I am not her children's age either.

She hit certain points for me deadon. Made me laugh in quite a few!

I am not one for thinking on all of the past, so I enjoyed Anna's thoughts. You really do change perspectives from when you were younger. The things that were important then seem so trivial now.

Anna covers everything from bodies, womens' friendships, work and family and everything in between. I imagined all writers loved to be by themselves. Especially the talented ones, how else would you create such fascinating places? :)

You will enjoy it if you enjoy digging deeper, or maybe I am just not there yet!

I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!