That's Why I'm Here: The Chris and Stefanie Spielman Story by Chris SpielmanMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
What a powerful moving story of an NFL football player and his journey with his wife Steph and her cancer. What an inspiration!
I thought it would be a lot of football talk. Well there is! But it is fascinating and it goes somewhere and also explains how Chris dealt with Steph's cancer the way he did.
Grab a box or two of kleenex you will need it. We all already know the story, so we know it won't end in a fairytale. But we see that Chris has soldiered on. From dealing with Steph's dad dying, that helped Chris a bit. Their families both were solid support and I believe that was vital in their story. As well as other families.
Since Steph was already in the spotlight, she used her illness to help others, inspire others and be a blessing. Her faith shined through, even in this book.
Hopefully others will read this book, maybe in the midst of their own storm similiar to this one, and be inspired and help them through their tough times as well. Leaning on God, is the greatest thing Chris and Steph did.
God bless them and the kids and families.
I received a copy of this book from netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!