The World We Found by Thrity UmrigarMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
I wished it would have ended differently. However, Umrigar has a way with words that won't disappoint. This is my first book by her but I can tell you that it won't be my last!
Armaiti did the unthinkable, she moved to the US and married an American. She moved onto a different life. However, when she is struck with brain cancer she wants to see her college friends one last time. Will the 3 of them be able to make it to the US to see her?
Laleh married Adish and has 2 children. She is in to go to the US. Laleh feels compelled to go, she feels responsible for the brain tumor in a sense. You will have to read the book to find out why though!
Kavita has had her own struggles. She always felt as if she was in love with Armaiti. Will this be her chance to tell her? Obviously because of her choices she has had her own trials. I don't even know if she ever even told the other girls about her sexual preferences.
Most of the book revolves around Nishta and her overbearing, controlling husband. He is very set that she not be going to America. However help might come in the most unlikely way.
Umrigar saves the best for last. Your heart will beating very fast, wondering will they make it? I love books about friendships, relationships, so this one had me hooked. However, it left me feeling a little bit as if, this is it? But I still loved the writing style and this won't be my last Umrigar book!
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!