Monday, December 22, 2008

Whatta storm!

And it isn't done YET! After my last post, our power went off AGAIN. It came back on and was on for 4 hours. I was right in the middle of making some Russian Tea Cakes, finishing up dinner, trying to get everyone ready for Hunter's Christmas program. Power goes out. Of course, if the power is out, DH isn't coming home. So the kids and I lit some candles, got the battery powered radio, sang and waited. We had to leave @ 7 so I told the kids if the power wasn't back on after the program, we would head to McDonald's. Here is a picture of the Christmas program:

Photobucket

But it was on afterward. We got home, started heating up dinner and DH calls. Says everyone is running so much power that it keeps blowing. Was joking and said to tell everyone in our neighborhood to turn off everything you don't need. He finally got home around 10:30. Wed went off pretty good. Just lots of snow. We had family conference all last week at church. It just ended last night. Thursday lots of snow but good. Friday morning he got called out at 1:30 AM, came home at 5 AM. Went to work at 8 AM, got home at 4:30 PM. We were right in the middle of making dinner for the visiting pastor, when he got called out again. So I had ONE hour to get the 4 children ready, get dinner ready and eaten for us and get the dinner ready for the pastor. WHEW!!! We made it though. The girls helped a LOT. Jeff made to church at 8:30 PM. Sat the kids had play practice and then Jeff took the girls to The Dalles for the day. Hunter and I made chocolate chip cookies and played games. Yesterday we had church. During church I got a bad migraine so I came home and slept. Jeff took the kids plus 2 others sledding. Then he went and helped shovel the church parking lot. Here are some pictures from the play last night. The only one you won't see is Britt. She was the voice of God.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I have been able to stitch quite a bit. I will be back later with pictures of everything, the snow and my stitching! There is another storm we might be getting, so I hope to stay in and stitch more! Let it snow!!! Everyone stay warm, and Merry Christmas. God Bless.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I have heard so much about the snow storms and Im in florida on vacation. A lot of ppl have had to stay because of cancelled flights. Im so jealous of the snow though. I have to spend christmas in 80 degree weather. If you ask me, being from the north (somewhat) that is not christmas like. The day after christmas I return so that will be my christmas :). Hope your power stays on if or when you get the next storm.
    ~*Candi*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those snowpeople looks familiar. I wonder if they are from my favorite magazine... "Cross Country Stitching"??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!