The Art of Saying Goodbye by Ellyn Bache
We meet 5 women off the bat, and then we go back and forth between all of them, finding out about them and what each one might be struggling with. Iona was my favorite. Seems like a hard lady on the outside but really is a loving lady and could be a wonderful friend. All these ladies I yearned to really like. Could like them on the surface, but there was no real depth. Even Paisley, as much as I was like, yea I think I might like her, after all the stuff I read, not really sure I do!
Each woman, as in real life, is struggling with something, whether it be a spouse dying, to not being happy in their marriage. Nothing new to the scene as far as that. The way Ms Bache wrote it though, is a bit different, back and forth a bit more, and we get a special glimpse of Paisley's mind at times. I enjoyed those brief moments, they seemed the most real to me.
I would recommend this book, it would be a good book to take to the beach. Not too heavy that you need a lot of concentration, and not to much if you can keep up with the cast of characters!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!