Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Review: Children and Fire

Children and Fire by Ursula Hegi

What can I say? I love Ursula Hegi. Trudi Montag is STILL one of my favorite characters ever. Ursula writes with such passion, that you become completely enveloped in her storytelling. This book was no different, although at the end, it left me feeling bereft. I am wondering if the meaning just went over my head.

I was really with the story, until the end. I don't understand it all, but it was a good book, none the less.

In the beginning of Hiltler's reign, they obviously couldn't go against it. No freedom. That is something to chew on. What you can or can't read, what you say do, everything being monitored. Hegi has left lots for me to think about.. Now that is a sign of another good book!

1 comment:

  1. Great review, sounds like a good book, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!