Summer in the South by Cathy Holton
Different from Cathy Holton's usual type of books -- but very good at the end. Does that qualify as a good book? I wasn't too sure most of the way through. I struggled wondering where this story was going, back and forth with all these details that really didn't seem to have a point. UNTIL about 50 pages left, it got really good and made me glad I hung in there!
Ava is invited to go down to a college friend's hometown for the summer to write her first novel ever. If she can even figure out what that might be that is. Will's family seems nice, but there seems to be secrets and things no one wants to talk about. Such as Charlie Woodburn, or Hadley.. But will Ava's snooping cause too many problems for a prominent southern family?
If you are looking for your usual Cathy Holton book or a regular mystery book, this isn't it. This is totally different! Which at the end made me very glad I stuck with it and finished it. I wanted to know if there really was a murder, and how Jake and Will really fit into everything.
There are a few surprises -- wonderfully added I think! You begin to think you are there with Ava, totally uneasy at night while she is writing. Still has that Cathy Holton southern charm though! That I couldn't live without!
Read this book, stick with it, you will be glad you did in the end. It is all worth it, I promise!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!