Saturday, June 4, 2011

Review: The Year We Left Home

The Year We Left Home by Jean Thompson

Different. This book was different from what I thought it would be. When I got past all the things that were annoying me about this read, then I really enjoyed the book. My favorite character was Torrie. She had a spunk about her that I really fell in love with and thoroughly enjoyed.

This book is set over the course of 30 years, through the lives of a family.. We get different view points and even some from a cousin Chip, who changes his name to Ray for awhile. I loved the descriptions of the family, you can imagine the big hearty folk from Iowa, can't you?

This book reminds us that even though we want to all leave home when we are young, it seems eventually we come back don't we? We usually come back to our roots.

If you love generational sagas, this is a mini one! Everyone is searching for something, will everyone in the family find it? I know you will enjoy seeing all the ups and downs of this cast of characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!