Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Review: Dance Lessons

Dance Lessons by Aine Greaney

Ellen is a widow, hasn't even been a year ago since her husband Finlan drowned. She runs into Sheila who knew Finlan back in his home town. Finds out her husband wasn't an orphan, his mother is still alive. So after a few events leading up to Ellen arriving at her husband's hometown overseas, she ends up taking care of his mother that is dying of cancer.

Do they ever really to a point in this book or does it just drift? That was my feeling the whole entire book. It left me feeling as if I was looking through the scenes with a shear curtain in between and I couldn't get the whole glimpse. Left me feeling not done, not done hearing the story.

However beautiful the writing was, I did enjoy this book. Not sure why it is called Dance Lessons...I get Finlan's daughter that Ellen never knew about dances, but I don't think that was the main part. At least I didn't get that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!