Monday, June 27, 2011

Review: The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb

The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb by Melanie Benjamin

Can you say one of my new favorite authors?? WOW!!! This book was more than I expected. I expected a story to enjoy on one of my summer days, but this one knocked my socks off and so much more! I will recommend it to everyone I know.

Mercy Lavinia Warren Bump may have been tiny but she was mighty. She had a personality bigger than life. She exceeded so much more than anyone ever thought she ever would. Vinnie had plans and she let no one stop her! From being on a tacky showboat to finally meeting P.T. Barnum and becoming one of his biggest sucesses, Vinnie did it all. She paid a price though, her sister and ultimately love.

You know it is a good book when you want to find out more and more about the subjects from a book. That is a wonderful thing, and it has made me hungry for more. Thank you Ms Melanie, you are a very talented writer and I look forward to many more years of reading!! (hint hint)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!