Rest in Peace by Frances Devine
A cute cozy mystery with heavy relying on God! What a breath of fresh air! This is my first book by this author but one I will rave and rave about. At first, with all the introductions of new people it was hard to catch on to but all the sudden I found myself unable to put it down. I love when that happens. Our main herione, Victoria, runs a boarding house for elderly, most of them being friends of her grandmother, whom has passed. Victoria and her elderly loved ones are once again thrown into a mystery, when Victoria finds the local pet shop owner dead. Did someone kill him or was he murdered? If he was murdered, why and by whom?
All the residents of Cedar Chapel Lodge are very endearing and I really loved the little bit of Whatzit that we got. Wish there would have been more of him! I felt as if there was a part of me, well a BIG part of me in Victoria. She just seemed like one of us, which really helps to meld yourself into the story!
Frances Devine really hit the mark, and I can't wait to get my hands on the rest of the series and hoping there are more in the works!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for saying hi! I always love to keep up with others!